Monday, March 12, 2012

Today I thought of you

I was completely stumped when I had to come up with a design for a special order I was doing.  They had to be versatile so they could be used for just about anything, they had to be ok for a man or a woman, and they had to be really, really cool.  Really? I could totally do the really, really cool part, but the whole man/woman request was killing me.  I spent hours looking at the supplies I had trying to come up with just the right card.  Oh--and all the cards needed to be the same.  I generally don't do the exact same card twice so I wasn't really ok with that request.  I figured I'd work around that one.

I knew I wanted to do an easel card, because that took care of the "cool" request with no problem.  Then it hit me.  I had the perfect stamps to use. { Thank you Unity Stamps.}  The saying would take care of everything else that was requested, the only thing I wasn't comfortable with was the flowers I was going to use.  I decided to make one and see how it went.  This is it:

As I was making it, I realized that flowers were really okay for a man. I mean who says that flowers can only be for women? I also realized that if I made these in different colors, they would be the same, but they'd also be different.  So that worked for me too.  After I made this one, I was sold.  Without hesitation, these were the cards I was going to make.

Here's a picture of the rest of them:
I love the colors and they fulfilled everything that was requested.  I think these cards are now officially my favorite.  At least for today!

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment