Monday, January 30, 2012

Rubber Stamps or Digital Stamps? That is the question

For several months now, I've gone back and forth with the idea of using digital stamps.  I've heard so much about it, and wondered "Can it be just like rubber stamping? or is it a bunch of hype?"  I really wanted to know, but wasn't sure that I wanted to take the plunge. 

I chatted with someone about this very thing and she gave me the pros and cons of digital stamping.  I liked that she wasn't biased in her information and really told me what she didn't like about it.  She did tell me that I should at least try it once just to see for myself if it was worth it.    She sent me this link to Maurie J Manning's digital art  http://mosdigitalpencil.com/  (among others) and I decided to take a peek. I instantly fell in love!   I figured I'd give it a shot.  Here's the card I made with one of the images:

My little Superhero friend was perfect for the birthday card I had to make!  Here's a couple more close-ups.


I think I've come to the conclusion that digital stamps will definitely work with original rubber stamping--and they take up less space.  Now I'll just need to save my files on a external drive--just in case!  I think Maurie's work just made it easy to decide.  Now if I could just figure out how to use Copic Markers I'll be doing good!





No comments:

Post a Comment